Thursday, February 19, 2009

Shopping in the New Car

Yesterday was eventful. Sara & I went shopping in the new car. She is getting so heavy especially with the carseat. I took her out using the Baby Bjorn carrier which was much more convienent. We were doing pretty good too. We went to Kohl's & Half Price Books. Then she got hungry. So I fed her in the cozy backseat of the Mini. Boy, does she eat slow! Anyways! Sara wouldn't burp after that so off we went to the next store. We went to Target & then Border's. I was about to get her out of the carseat in the parking lot of Border's when all of a sudden... a fountain of formula came out of Sara. It covered her chest, lap, legs, the seatbelts in the carseat. I just looked at her like a deer in headlights. Should I just leave her in her mess and drive straight home? Should I clean her up and keep going with the shopping? Sigh! So I decided to clean her up. It took me a while to wipe her down, change her clothes, & wipe down the carseat. Thank goodness, she only got a spec on the new seat! It was a challenge to do in the backseat, but we managed. So after Border's, we were off to Sam's to pick up a couple things & visit my co-workers. This was our last stop since I didn't want to keep pulling her in and out of the goey carseat. Now back home, it was traffic time now. And then I realized! It's me and Sara in the car! I can take the HOV! I was home in no time. Then with Sara screaming. I fed her, bathed her sticky lil fingers, & washed the carseat. I was pooped! Lights out! We are staying home today!

1 comment: